fit4life

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Stay motivated!!!

My husband knows me all to well to buy me one of these =)  Now I am super pumped to keep accurate track of my calories burnt each day etc.  One of the things that helped me with getting motivated, as many of you have asked me what keeps me motivated, is simple things like this.  I went out and bought new workout clothes which is a big deal for me.  I rarely buy things for myself because I hate spending the money so when I do spend it I take it seriously.  Now I make sure I use them so it wasn't a waste of money!  I have a white board on my fridge with the foods that I can eat each day and as I eat them I check them off.  Since 1200 calories is not a lot of food it adds up a lot quicker than you think so for me it is easier to have already added them up and pick and choose each day and substitute different meals to stay within my cal count.  Some people buy a small pair of jeans they want to fit into as one of their treats for hitting their goals.  The biggest motivation for me is my family and guilt.  Now being a mother  I am very careful the foods I buy and what is in them to feed my kids.  I am a nutrition guide addict like every should be.  Read the labels!!!  There is so much crap in food, like food coloring and high fructose corn syrup which is in so many foods people think are "good for them."  I put a lot of pressure on myself to make sure my family stays healthy because I am the one buying them the food they eat!  Good nutrition habits start in the home.  So it is up to me to make the best decisions for them.  Did you know 70 percent of parents with obese children think their kids are a normal weight?  Overtime we truly become desensitized to the dangers around us that come from early childhood obesity. Failure is not an option and I would feel so guilty if I knew I wasn't giving my family the proper nutrition they need each day.  My family is my greatest success and I plan on keeping it that way!  Find what your biggest fear is in your fitness progress and make that your strength.  That is what will keep you going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment