fit4life

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ditch the coffee, pop, and energy drinks for TEA!

Tea is truly an incredible thing.  I didn't understand all the amazing benefits of it until a couple years years.  I have my sister Mackenzi to thank for starting my obsession with tea.  I found a Chantal brand tea kettle and wanted it just because it had my name on it but they are kind of expensive, but she said I would regret not buying it, which she was totally right.  Because I invested in it I started doing research on herbal teas and what I could get out of them... holy cow was I opened up to a new world of health!  Tea has been around for thousands of years and it is used for so many different purposes.  Here is what one person had to say about it which many others would agree.  "Studies have found that some teas may help with cancer, heart disease, and diabetes; encourage weight loss; lower cholesterol; and bring about mental alertness. Tea also appears to have antimicrobial qualities.
“There doesn’t seem to be a downside to tea,” says American Dietetic Association spokeswoman Katherine Tallmadge, MA, RD, LD. “I think it’s a great alternative to coffee drinking. First, tea has less caffeine. It’s pretty well established that the compounds in tea – their flavonoids – are good for the heart and may reduce cancer.”
How amazing is this?  Your doctor might tell you to drink wine because of the flavonoids, or coffee instead of energy drinks.  But you can replace all those harsh chemicals for your body and get all the same benefits from different teas.  I drink 2 cups a day.  An herbal green tea which curbs my appetite and increases energy and my metabolism, and I might drink a liver detox tea, chamomile before bed, or jasmine.  These are just to name a few.  I have a whole cupboard full of different herbal teas.  My favorite brand is traditional medicinals tea.  A lot of them are organic and you can get them at the health food store or even walmart.  
I have had so many people tell me that they "can't" do tea either for the flavor or because their body doesn't like it... well let me tell you something, the only reason your body might not do well with it at first is because it is detoxing it!  Of course your body might freak out if you drink crap like pop or alcohol all the time and switch to something that will cleanse it.  Why do you think it is so hard for people to get off drugs?  Withdrawls in the body can be horrible.  You have to give your body time to detox and cleanse.  Try to give it a real chance, 10 days for that matter and if your body still is struggling than at least you can say you tried.  But you have to give it the benefit of the doubt!  Some of them like the liver detox tea says to do it for I believe a month.  But I promise if you stick to it you will be a healthier person, your skin will be more radiant, and some of your digestive and skin problems can be cleared up.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment