fit4life

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Don't talk to me about excuses

My life has been riddled with all sorts of trials, but who's hasn't.  Seriously though, mine have always been on a high level of difficult and pain.  My biggest struggle I think is my health.  One of the reasons why I have become slightly obsessed with health of my overall well being.  I am writing this today because I struggle daily with hearing peoples excuses about life when most often times what I am hearing I have personally experienced worse.  I have never been able to see someone become happy until they change their attitude!  Anything is going to seem very hard until we start looking at the glass half full, which it is ; )  When it comes to overcoming mental obstacles I find myself leaning on my darkest moments to push me through those immense strains of life.  Until you can find your way of "venting", your body will hold on to weight and emotional toxins.  Some of you wonder, "Well what has she really gone through that she understands me?"  You would be very surprised unless you know me well.  But just a little insight, after having a 10 pound baby it literally ripped all my skin from my chest to my knees and all my muscles in my torso.  I have seen almost 20 different doctors for all of the damage it has caused, and having another big baby did some more.  I don't want you to think I am complaining because I am not at all!  I just want you to know we all have hidden trials and things we have to mentally overcome daily and it is always a fight.  But all the problems I have run into have brought me to find many healthy newer ways of healing myself and my body and bringing me to meet some amazing people.  One of the things I have come to love is acupuncture, my TENS unit, herbs, and crazy weird vitamins and foods I have never heard of.  I am like a library of random health knowledge and because I have explored many avenues of learning I have helped many people.  So when it comes to excuses about not working out, not having time, not having strength, well I have legitimate excuses daily but it never stops me.  I love more then anything to set hard goals and hit them. It is such an overwhelming feeling to do something for yourself you know was so hard to achieve.  I have had many people say to me "Oh I can't because I don't have enough money for the gym" or "I can't work out because of such and such a health problem" please never say these things to me because I have yet to hear a good enough excuse.  Start replacing the CANTS with I WILL do this because I have a health problem and I want to feel better... make sense?  This is a 90 percent mental game and until you can figure out how to fight your demons, they will always win.  They won with me many times but finally I found my breaking point.  You don't need a gym membership to lose weight!!  Here are a couple websites I love that have videos of amazing challenging workouts you can do at home.  www.dailyhiit.com and www.toneitup.com.  Lots of pics with girls in bikinis and workout clothes so don't be alarmed ; ) Exercise bands are cheap and give you great resistance as well as a medicine ball.  No matter your physical situation you can always find a way to keep moving!!!  Even on the couch, but push yourself, your body will be sore but thank you later.  If you have some physical limitation you can't see yourself working around then talk to me, I will help you find a creative way to get your body moving.  Never say never, can't or I won't.  Stop limiting yourself and your strong will power to move forward.  You CAN do it!!!  If I can, you can!  There is nothing more attractive than a confident person!

1 comment:

  1. Oh chantel you are so much like your mom... always willing to help. Nice blog ! _kayla

    ReplyDelete