fit4life

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I'm no Jillian Michaels, but...

Ok friends here it goes.  It's time to be real and honest and I finally have a minute from taking care of two amazing boys to write this.  Since this is the start of my blog I am going to warn you that I am a very blunt, honest, hardcore person when it comes to setting goals and challenging myself and others ; ) Sure I may not have 10 percent body fat or have ever been a personal trainer.  I don't refer to myself as an expert just because I lost weight and kept it off but what I did obviously worked and it is a realistic way to stay healthy for life and feel good about yourself.  Now, I will say things through out this blog that will be honest and true but that you might not like to hear but that needs to be said.  So many people suffer from lack of knowledge about nutrition and health and in turn it affects their whole family which trickles down to their kids.  Some people are in denial about their weight and think they are healthy because the eat vegetables even though they fry them in oil.  My main goal with this blog is to help change your mentality about food and fueling your body how it is meant to take in energy.  I have gathered a plethora of information over the years from my wonderful mother who has always been so knowledgable about health, nutrition, and fitness as well as many friends I have met while on my own journey a few years ago to get down to a weight I have never been at as an adult.  ANYTHING is possible but you have to be ready to do it.  It is all fine and dandy to start a "new goal" especially one about losing weight, but not being realistic or calling it a diet.  Please never use the word "diet" again.  It has to be a lifestyle change or you will revert right back to your old ways.  I did it for a long time until it finally clicked that I have to eat like this the rest of my life and I feel amazing doing it.  As I get more used to this who blogging deal I will try and post tips, recipes, work outs, links, whatever you want to hear that has changed my life and my little families forever.  I LOVE how I feel and how much I have learned that will always help keep my boys healthy for life too.  Nothing is ever just about you but you are the only one that can change how you look and feel about yourself.  If you are 100 percent dedicated and ready to change your life and be more confident, I promise the things I say on here if you truly apply them and stick to them will transform how you view food and working out.  You can't help or love others until you do the same for yourself!!!

P.S.  I just want you to know, personally, that if you ever have any questions no matter how dumb or ridiculous they may seem, just send me a message and ask because I love helping people so much and I want everyone to be as happy as me!

Oh, and obviously I can't end this without starting you off with a few tips to get you started =)

1.  Drink at least 2 liters of water a day.  Adding lemon juice will help detox your body and adding ice will help rev up your metabolism.
2.  Throw out all your white bleached flour products from your house and never buy them again.  Whole grains from here on out.
3.  Good fats.  Stay far far away from saturated fats and look for the poly, mono unsaturated fats such as coconut oil, olive oil, and raw nuts.  Salmon is a great fish for omegas and is heart healthy too.

And here we GO!!!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment