fit4life

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Ayurvedic Skin Type!

   My aunt is a talented Esthetician who has taught me a lot about skin.  I learned from her that teenagers with acne can help their skin just by changing what they eat.  Ever since then I have dived into skincare as an important part of health.  What you eat shows through your skin, hair, and nails and to me this makes perfect sense.  I recently learned about the Ayurvedic Skin Type where people in India have been following this for thousands of years.  They believe that what you eat can heal and help the skin, basically treating it from the inside out.  I took the test and have found out what type of foods I need to eat, what to avoid, and supplements to take to reduce skin aging and to help it heal.  It is amazing!!  They say what you should be eating you tend to avoid which is interesting.  I have never liked Coconut  which is one of the things I need.  Coconut oil has many benefits including improving the skin, fighting viruses and bacterias, killing Candida in the body which is yeast, etc.  I have been adding this to my smoothie everyday and I feel amazing.  Not to mention rubbing it on my skin this dry winter which is helping it to heal.  Here is the link to take the Ayurvedic test to find your Dosha so you can start taking better care of your skin.
http://www.doctoroz.com/quiz/ayurvedic-skin-type-find-your-dosha
    They also talk about a leaf called Neem they use to help cure all sorts of different skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne.  I bought the Neem Tub Tea and have loved it, I also have a Neem bath salt with Eucalyptus oil in it I am excited to try.  You can get that stuff here http://www.justneem.com/. Taking care of your body really does show!!!

1 comment: