fit4life

Friday, April 19, 2013

Interval training!! My workout routine

Your workout routine should never be the same if you want to lose weight fast.  If you have the same routine each time your body starts getting used to it and this is when most people "plateau".  I do different things all the time but some things still stay consistent because I love the machines.  The elliptical is my favorite thing ever and that is what I mainly worked out on to lose all my weight.  I started working out on it again last week, combining just that with catalyst, I lost 2 pounds and quite a few inches!  But when you use that machine you have to use it right.  Your head should not be bobbing up and down.  Keep your hips moving and only your lower body should be moving unless you are on one with arms that move.  I do it for 30 mins constantly changing my intervals.  Every 5 minutes I change it never going down from an incline of 5 and same with the resistance.  I will go up to 7 incline with 7 resistance or whatever I can handle and then go back down and I keep alternating the whole time.  Its killer!!  I keep my strides at least 160-170 or more each time which is crucial,  go as fast as you can the whole time,  I burn so many calories in that 30 mins and go a few miles.  I also follow the body for life program with weight lifting which I posted last month.  Every other day is either upper or lower body and one day a week is full body which I usually do with a resistance band with a pilates workout.  I love to speed walk up and down different inclines around the park for at least 30 mins or a workout from the toneitup website or dailyhitt which I posted before as well.  So pretty much to break it down now since you know how to use the elliptical and always do interval training.  This changes so I don't ever plateau but this is pretty much it.

Sunday- Off
Monday- 30 mins of cardio (elliptical) w/ upper body weights
Tuesday- 30 min cardio (speed walking) w/ full body workout (toneitup, dailyhitt, or pilates)
Wednesday- 30 min cardio (elliptical) w/ lower body weights
Thursday- 2 workouts from one of the websites or one with pilates
Friday- 30 min cardio (elliptical) w/ upper body weights
Saturday- 30 min cardio (elliptical or freestrider) w/ lower body weights

Obviously if the machines aren't open I switch and do the bike for 15 minutes on an interval training setting then a freestrider.  As long as you get a solid 30 min hard workout in your good =)  

Remember- within 30 mins RIGHT after you workout you need your protein.  Thats usually when I drink my EAS protein shake or eat a can of tuna with only a teaspoon of olive oil, red wine vinegar and ms. dash.  Lots of protein!  

I have lots of random stuff in my house but I have a resistance band I use for different at home workouts and an exercise ball, dumbbells, strap on leg weights... these things I use all the time to max out my burn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment