fit4life

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Just because you are thin doesn't mean you're healthy

When I was growing up I totally thought this because I was in a healthy weight for my height so I thought that I was a healthy person... little did I know!  Like I have said before, my whole life has been riddled with health problems from head to toe, literally.  It was finally after I had kidney stones removed from each kidney and was 30 pounds over weight I decided I had had enough.   I wanted to go off all my medications, lose weight, and heal myself.  Guess what?  I did just that.  No more meds for me!  I was such a skeptical person when I had heard of people going off meds and healing themselves but nothing has changed my life more then simply just changing how I eat.  I weigh right now what I weighed in high school but I am sooo much more healthier it is unbelievable.  Some people are blessed with crazy high metabolisms and can eat "whatever they want" and not gain weight.  Well, it doesn't mean they are healthy!  I know many people who rarely eat fresh whole food but are so thin.  It makes such a HUGE difference putting good food into your body and being healthy overall.  Our bodies are made up of living cells so why not eat living food?  Doesn't it only make sense?  I also know many people who workout 3-5 times a week and still need to lose weight or have maintained for years because they aren't eating right.  Exercise and diet alone can eliminate or cure so many diseases and the research is just piling up about it.  Of course I still take some prescriptions if I am dying or absolutely have to but there are so many healthy good alternatives before you have to resort to this.  The average american is prescribed 12 medications a year... that is insane!!  The saddest part is most people get one prescription for something and then it gives them some sort of side effect so then they start taking a med for that and it keeps going on and on so people are taking tons of drugs daily that they might not even need.  I do research and try all sorts of things before I go to the doctor and I haven't been to a hospital for a health issue in almost 3 years since I have started this journey, and trust me, I went a lot.  I keep finding amazing new ways to heal my body and my families before going this route and we all have been so much happier and healthier doing this, it truly is amazing!  I am thankful for my pediatrician where I live because she really has a good balance between modern medicine and alternative.  She has me try healthier things before resorting to the meds and I am so grateful for that.  She even told me that a lot of kids are being over medicated for things that they don't even need!  Just find what works for you in balancing a healthy diet with exercise with healthier healing choices and it really can change your life.  It has changed mine and it keeps getting even better with the more I allow myself to try!  So people might think I am a crazy health nut and eat only organic food but that is not the case and you don't have to be that way to be healthy.  Just try it, if you have a health issue you want to get rid of, look up ways to get rid of it naturally.  What do you have to lose?  You can save a ton of money too by not going to the doc as much and buying meds each month.  If you don't know where to start at all talk to me about it and I am sure I can help you!!!  Good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment